Paying for Your Education

There are a variety of funding options available to help you reach your post-secondary education goals.

Visit Student Grants and Loans to explore the possibilities and to take advantage of financial assistance options that may be available to you.

In addition to Government financial assistance, you may be interested in student lines of credit. To learn more about how they work or to compare student lines of credit with government student loans, visit Student lines of credit.

Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs)

A Registered Education Savings Plan (RESP) is a savings account for education after high school. Learn about taking money out of your RESP

Working to Pay for Your Education

Visit Working to pay for your education to learn more about work options when you’re in school.

If you are ready to look for work now, try Job Bank to search through thousands of private and public sector jobs across Canada. You will also find government-funded summer jobs and other work opportunities for youth and students.

Skills Link Program

The Skills Link program is a component of the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy (YES) which helps youth overcome barriers to employment and develop a broad range of skills and knowledge in order to participate in the current and future labour market.

Learn more about Skills Link

Lifelong Learning Plan

If you have a Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP), you can use the Lifelong Learning Plan (LLP) to finance full-time training or education for you or your spouse/common-law partner.

Learn more about the LLP

Financial Assistance For Reservists

If you are a reservist in the Canadian Forces and a full-time post-secondary student, you will not be charged interest or have to start paying back your student loan while you are serving in designated operations, even if they last more than six months.

Learn more about financial assistance for reservists

Financial Assistance For Protected Persons

Protected persons (people who fear persecution in their country of origin) can access the same loans and grants as a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to attend a designated educational institution in Canada.

Learn more about financial assistance for protected persons

Related Topics